The New Year brings with it New Year’s resolutions…we often have a desire to change something, improve it and make it better – we dream of having a better and healthier life. For some, it might be shedding a few pounds or reversing a habit or addiction like smoking. To achieve any of these, we need a goal and the motivation.
The Goal and The Motivation
It’s easy to concentrate on one goal if a person is well motivated. Motivation has a very strong connection to the results of a goal. Such focus is vital in attaining a very important goal in life or a very significant opportunity, which can lead to success in reaching the goal.
Yet what do goals represent?
Goals are actually representations of your visions of you and your future. They should be achievable and realistic, to allow you to put them into practice or at least do some activities that allow you to monitor your progress. However, there is more involved than just merely setting realistic goals.
“Remember that in order to achieve your goals, you must act according to your goals. Otherwise, all else would be vanity if you do not exert effort in reaching them”
Louis A. Williams
Goal setting means that a person is proactive in dealing with challenges that may affect their plans. Being proactive means taking action towards your goal. It can help to outline possible challenges that may occur, as well as the solutions to these difficulties. By doing this, a person can maintain a consistent focus and remain calm if challenges occur because they have already prepared for them.
Goal setting should include these simple principles:
- Specify what it is you exactly want. If you are certain about your goals, then it can be easier for you to reach them. Ask yourself “what is it that I really want?”
- The Practicality and Attainability of your goals – be sure that you believe the goals you are trying to achieve are possible (for you). For example, if you are 35 it is not attainable for you to enter an under 18s sporting event but if you are willing to do what it takes you could enter an under 40’s. Are you prepared to take the necessary action to achieve this goal?
- Focus on your Desire to attain your goals. Your desire should be high enough and used as your personal motivation. Think of the possible things that may happen if your goals are already in your hand. What will achieving this goal do for you or give you that you really want?
- Visualise and Live with your goals – this is in connection with imagining your desire. By imagining how great it could be if your goals have already been attained, you can stay motivated about achieving them.
- Write down your goal. It makes a difference!
- Measure – You should know how far you have come and regardless of size, every movement is a positive one!
- Turn your goals into Actions.
These steps take Motivation and Determination. Motivation has an ability to naturally partner with your very special goal and alter our course of action towards completion. Those individuals who are not aware of its importance will not find it easy to maintain their concentration in the process of completing a significant goal.
For those who have attempted to give up smoking but have ended up reaching for another cigarette because they believe the addiction to nicotine is too strong…or for those who are out with friends and smoke because this is “what happens.” Or those who have attempted to lose weight but grabbed another extra sin or cake…Motivation is the word that will carry you through. It is the wheel in your mindset that carries you from the start of your goal, that start line, that dream, that vision; across the white tape at the end of the track.
Motivation has successfully changed the lives of many people because of its amazing benefits that can truly increase the level of self-esteem and courage of a person while accomplishing tough tasks and special goals.
A key player in giving you the tool to change your mindset- to give you that motivation to make sure that you reach your goals is hypnosis.
Hypnosis is a form of therapy that uses your ever so powerful subconscious to assist you to become the person you want to be. By placing you in a relaxing state where your subconscious comes alive, together we can make the process faster than you would be able to do singlehandedly, through your conscious thought. This is where the blockers live. Do not give in to the cognitive process when your subconscious has all the power!
Angelo from Tranceform Hypnosis has worked with the emergency services for years. Using his unique experience and extensive training he has developed his own client-focused style of hypnotherapy which helps you to generate incredible positive results in your life. With a specialism relating to health, he can offer different programmes to support you achieving your goals.
For more information about Beehive Healthcare please call: 01244 915 603 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tranceform Hypnosis have a special offer for February 2017 (T&C apply):