About Dru Yoga
Dru Yoga is a graceful and potent form of yoga based on flowing movements, directed breathing and visualisation. Classes at The Beehive are run by Alexis Henley.
With its foundations set firmly in the ancient yogic traditions, Dru uplifts body, mind and spirit, improving strength and flexibility, creating core stability, increasing a feeling of positivity and rejuvenating your whole being.
Who is the class suitable for?
The class is designed to be practiced by people of all abilities, fitness levels and ages as various modifications can be suggested for all of the postures.
How is it unique?
- Energy Block Release Sequences are unique to Dru Yoga. They are easy to practice, flowing movements that help to release physical, mental and emotional tension.
- In Dru Yoga all movements originate from the spine because a flexible, healthy back supports your entire yoga practice.
- Dru Yoga works to balance the chakras (the energy centres of the body) and accesses the powerful energy of the heart.
- Joints are kept slightly flexed to ensure a free flow of subtle energy.
- Within the flow of movement Dru Yoga creates powerful moments of stillness.
- Dru Yoga helps to relieve the pressures of modern day living.
The classes are suitable for beginners as modification can be offered for each posture.
When are the Dru Yoga classes?
TUESDAY evening traditional Dru Yoga class 19.15 to 20.30pm led by Alexis Henley
A Tuesday Dru yoga class includes
- Traditional yoga postures (asanas)
- Flowing sequences
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Hand gestures (mudras)
- Deep relaxation
Classes are £8 a session PAYG or £28 for a 4 week block.
When you come to a class please bring a mat (if you have one), something warm to wear (or a blanket) for the relaxation period and some water.
To book call Beehive Healthcare on 01244 915603