About Dru Yoga
Dru Yoga is a graceful and potent form of yoga based on flowing movements and classes at The Beehive are run by Alexis Henley.
It has its roots in hatha yoga and includes classical postures, breathwork, mudras (hand gestures), positive affirmations, empowering visualisations and powerful flowing dynamic sequences. The visualisations and affirmations help you positively transform how you think and keep your emotions in check.
Whilst it does use classical yoga postures it is a very different experience from the average class. It works with the body but also helps to calm the mind and spirit and tends to be a much more gentle and flowing type of yoga whilst it is still dynamic and improves strength and flexibility creating core stability.
It also works with unique Energy Block Release Sequences (EBRs) which aim to free energy blockages that are often present in the body due to past physical and emotional traumas and general stresses of everyday life.
Who is the class suitable for?
The class is designed to be practiced by people of all abilities, fitness levels and ages as various modifications can be suggested for all of the postures.
How is it unique?
- Joints are kept relaxed and soft (as in Tai Chi). This allows for energy flow
- Energy Block Release Sequences are flowing movements that help to release tension physically, mentally and emotionally
- In Dru Yoga all movements originate from the spine keeping it mobilised, active and healthy
- Dru Yoga works to balance the chakras (the energy centres of the body) and accesses the powerful energy of the heart
- Within the flow of movement Dru Yoga creates powerful moments of stillness
The classes are suitable for beginners as modification can be offered for each posture.
When are the Dru Yoga classes?
Tuesday evening 6.00pm - 7.00pm led by Alexis Henley
Absolute Beginners Dru Yoga Class
Class starts on 22nd January 2019
- Small class of 4 - 8 people
- 4 week blocks
- No need to have any experience of Yoga
- You will be able to repeat the blocks if you wish, and when ready to move up to the 7.15pm class
TUESDAY evening traditional Dru Yoga class 19.15 to 20.30pm led by Alexis Henley
With its foundations set firmly in ancient yogic tradition and its emphasis on flowing movements, Dru Yoga can help increase energy levels, ease back pain, and wash away stress.
Designed to be practised by people of all abilities, fitness levels and age groups, it is a style of yoga that can be quickly dipped into or learnt in more depth over a lifetime. Dru Yoga helps relieve the pressures of modern living.
- Traditional yoga postures (asanas)
- Flowing sequences
- Breathing techniques (pranayama)
- Hand gestures (mudras)
- Deep relaxation.
Clases are £7 a session or £24.00 for a block of 4.
When you come to a class please bring a mat (if you have one), something warm to wear (or a blanket) for the relaxation period and some water.
To book call Beehive Healthcare on 01244 915603