Katharine Graves's Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal education programme that supports you and your birth partner to explore, empower and discover how calm, confident and positive your baby's birth can be.
What it is and what I can expect?
KG Hypnobirthing makes a difference to birth for you – and for your baby
KG Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal training programme. It is simple, logical and profound. It is much, much more than a few techniques to use in labour, though we give you the techniques too.
The group sessions will cover the content of the book in depth, and with real experiences and stories to bring it to reality, will include:
- Breathing exercises
- Deep relaxations
- Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
- Comforting massage
- How the birth partner(s) can be your powerful protector and support
- How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
- Knowledge and information about pregnancy and birth that you are unlikely to be told anywhere else
- How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
- A simple practice regime to support you at home
- Understanding how the mind and body work together
Hypnobirthing sessions can be structured to suit, ideally taught in a small group held over 2 sessions here in Beehive Healthcare in Chester, where it is easy to find and has free parking. The session is mainly taught while seated, but there will be a focus on comfortable positioning and time to rest and practice relaxations. Afternoon tea and refreshments will be provided, please inform of any dietary restrictions.
What is it good for?
Benefits for Your Baby and You
- You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
- Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
- Length of labour is often much shorter.
- Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
- Mums often bounce back quicker after birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
- Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth, helping to make it a truly shared and loving experience.
Sun 15th & Sun 22nd March, from 12 - 5.30pm, Refreshments & Afternoon Tea provided
Sun 19th & Sun 26th April, from 12 - 5.30pm, Refreshments & Afternoon Tea provided
Sun 10th & Sun 17th May, from 12 - 5.30pm, Refreshments & Afternoon Tea provided
(extra dates can be added - just ask and I will do the very best that I can to accomodate your request)
£150 for the entire course - approx 10 - 12 hours - over 2 small group sessions (min 2 - 5 max couples)
(A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required to secure sessions once agreed)
Included in the cost of the course is the Hypnobirthing book, MP3 and a client folder.
Which therapists provide it?
Taught by Kim Crowe, from Confident Birth Chester - A Registered Midwife with 19 years experience, and KG hypnobirthing teacher since 2015, having already taught approximately 55 pregnant women and partners.
Please get in touch with Beehive Healthcare to book onto the course, or to talk through your options;
Or phone us on 01244915603
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org