Updated 28 July 2020
How are we keeping you and our professionals safe?
When you step into Beehive Healthcare now you will notice some changes. The reception has a perspex shield in place. Our magazines have been removed and we no longer offer you a drink. We have added some signs around the centre to remind you of procedures too.
These changes are all part of our drive to reduce the chance of infection spread within the centre, so that we can continue to offer treatments and be open. As customers you play a key role in this by supporting our efforts. We ask you to please take a look at the following and ask us or the professional you have an appointment with if you are unsure about anything.
Overview of Appointment Guidance
A Letter to Our Valued Customers and New Customers
Dear Beehive Customer,
We are delighted to announce that we are opening on a phased return, as from the 1st July 2020. We are aware of the need to promote the best health and welfare for all our clients, their families and our community as a whole and want to reassure you that your personal health is our number one priority.
The current pandemic is an evolving and dynamic crisis. Therefore the guidance for our clients will be updated accordingly, but should never supersede contemporaneous government or healthcare regulatory body advice.
We recognise that we will not be able to offer all our services, but feel this is the right time to reopen for those therapies where social distancing measures can be easily applied or have been identified as keyworker services already. This refers primarily to our talking therapies, particularly since this will enable us to be able to offer emotional and mental health support for those in most need. Please see a current list of services available at the end of this document.
Opening the clinic will involve a few modifications to your previous appointment arrangements. We always observe excellent hygiene in the Centre. However, a slightly different protocol will be implemented to maintain the highest hygiene standards specific to reducing the exposure to one and all to this specific virus.
Your booking will be made through our normal channels at reception or through your therapist/professional that you would normally see. If you have had a previous booking suspended, we will contact you directly to arrange another suitable booking. Please do get in touch with us or your therapist if you are expecting a call and have not received one.
It is really important to minimise the risk to yourselves, your families and to our staff, therefore the following questions will be asked and documented before booking you for a face to face appointment. If the answer is yes, the therapist you are seeing has a right to make an informed decision as to whether they will see you or not.
- Are you currently suspected of having COVID-19?
- Have you been in contact with or are living with someone suspected or confirmed of having Covid-19?
- Do you have a fever, or have you had a high temperature in the last 14 days (a fever is a temperature greater than 37.8°C?
- If yes , when was the last time you had a high temperature?
- Have you had a cough or any other respiratory signs in the last 14 days?
- Do you suffer from any of the following? Diabetes, cardiovascular disease, including hypertension, chronic lung disease, immunodeficiency, cancer under active treatment?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you over 70 years of age?
- Please refer to the guidance below if you have any questions
The next paragraph outlines some of the key bullet points to keep you safe and well. This includes rules to follow to maintain best practice observing social distancing and maximum clinical hygiene.
New customers: Please make sure you have been sent your consultation form prior to your appointment, so you can fill this in before you arrive. Your therapist/professional can advise on this procedure.
- Please arrive to the practice alone. No guests will be permitted to attend or wait in the common areas of the practice (exceptional extenuating circumstances will be considered on a case by case basis.)
- Please do not enter the clinic any earlier than five minutes in advance of your treatment. We have the facility to contact you on your mobile if you wish to sit in the car before your appointment enabling you to go straight through to your appointment, therefore reducing movement.
- There are two doors into the building. They will both be opened to avoid contact with the door handles. Please let us know if you need a wheelchair access and we can facilitate a wider option.
- Clients may wear their own masks if this is deemed necessary, however if you have not got one, please make contact with your therapist/professional to provide one for you. If this is not possible, Beehive Healthcare will arrange a mask for you at the cost of £2.50.
- Hand hygiene is essential to reduce the transmission of infection. You must decontaminate your hands by washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, taking care to systematically clean thoroughly especially under the fingernails and palm creases as well as ensuring washing of the wrists/forearms. We have a hand dryer or hand towels. Please use your foot to put the towels in the bin provided. A member of staff will clean the area after each use. Should hand sanitiser gel be available on arrival, this is an acceptable alternative to hand washing should you prefer.
- Once you have arrived, you will be guided to a chair either in reception or the studio to ensure social distancing, depending on how busy we are on that particular day. In order to minimise risk to the receptionists, we would really appreciate that you keep conversations with the receptionist to a minimum, as they will be busy trying to get ready for other clients and ensure reception remains as safe as possible.
- Track and Trace. Your professional or class teacher will make sure they have contact details for you for any instance where they need to notify you of potential contact with SARS-CoV-2 and contact with confirmed COVID-19 cases. Please notify your professional or class teacher should you have confirmed COVID-19. These details are bound by the same data protection rules as stated on your professional’s terms and conditions.
- Please limit the personal possessions you bring with you. The clinic may reserve the right to prevent personal items entering the treatment rooms.
- Only card or bank transfer transactions can be taken by the therapists by prior arrangement, or the therapist/professional may take payment with prior agreement This varies with each professional and we can advise you of this on your email. Beehive will not be taking any payments at this time either cash or card.
- To minimise risk and assist with handwashing on arrival we are allowing toilet use for customers only. Please only use the toilet when absolutely necessary and alert a member of staff so that they can be cleaned after use.
- When your treatment is completed, please leave the room and wash your hands again. The therapist will make your next appointment with you and the receptionist will be given this at the end of the clinic. This again will minimise time spent in Beehive to reduce your risk and that of other customers.
Services available from (updated 08 Sept and subject to change)
Acupuncture and Massage with MingXing
Jazz Stretch and Tone classes
Hypnotherapy with Tranceform Hypnosis
Aesthetics (Skin Confidence Clinique)
Massage with Sandra or Lynsey
Tai Chi for health classes
Baby Ultrasound Clinic – Pregnancy scans
Hear Pure – complete hearing service
Talking based services such as counselling and psychotherapy
Private and Medical Health Services such as occupational or insurance medicals
We thank you for your patience and co operation at this time and hope to see you soon.
Sharon and the Beehive Healthcare team